Organ Music played by our organist, Geoff Olson:
Here are links to YouTube video clips of our church organist, Geoff Olson, performing at his 25th Anniversary Concert at our church. Our organ is 35 ranks of Wicks and G.W.F. Hunt.
- J.S. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in d minor
- J.S. Bach - Now Thank We All Our God
- Charles Marie Widor - Toccata from the 5th Symphony
- J. Christopher Pardini -Toccata on "Amazing Grace"
- Ralph Vaughan Williams - Hymn Prelude on Rhosymedre "Lovely"
- Johannes Matthias Michel - Afro-Cuban (In Thee is Gladness)
- Louis Vierne - Berceuse (Lullaby)
- Leighton - Fanfare
- Cesar Franck - Andante movement from The Grand Piece Symphonique
Other video clips of Geoff include:
- Paul Manz - From Set V of Ten Chorale Improvisations (Cwm Rhondda)
- Geoff Olson - Original German Lied (with Kristin Morant, coloratura soprano)
- Charles Marie Widor - Symphony 1, Part VI-Meditation
- J.S. Bach - Little Prelude and Fugue in G-Minor
- Louis Vierne - Lied (from his 24 Pieces in Free Style)
- Andre Campre - Rigadoun
- Edwin H. Lemare - Lead Kindly Light
- Louis Couperin and transcribed by Joseph Bonnet - Chaconne
- Gerald Near - Adoro Te Devote (Humbly We Adore Thee)
- Gabriel Faure (arranged by James D. Kimball - Pavane
- Richard Warner - The Queen's Processional (Praise, My Soul, The King of Heaven)
- J. S. Bach - The Little Prelude and Fugue in G-Major
- J. S. Bach - Fugue in E-Flat Major (St. Anne) (BWV 552)
- Louis Claude D' Acquin (1694-1772) - Noel for the Grand Jeu Et Duo
- Pietro Yon (1886-1943) - Christmas in Sicily
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750) (arranged by Virgil Fox) - Arioso from Cantata 156
- Helmut Walcha (1907-1991) - My Heart Shall Jump for Joy
- Domenico Zipoli (1688-1726) - Pastorale
- Helmut Walcha (1907-1991) - Him the Shepherds Praise so Greatly
- Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706) - From Heaven on High
- Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) - Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming
Please click here for access to all of Geoff's organ videos!
"Opera on a Schtick"
On December 30th, the day before New Year's Eve, we celebrated the season with a concert of classic opera arias, seasonal music, and fun for opera lovers and the opera curious. Two of the presenters were Judith Melander and Kristin Morant who are both long-time members of St. Paul's UCC musical family.
For more information about the concert and the performers, please go to www.centercityoperacompany.com .
Judith Melander's 15 Year Anniversary Voice Recital
In celebration of her fifteen years of service at St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Director of Music Judith Melander presented a voice recital on Sunday, September 30. Judith, along with pianist Dr. Charles Kemper, performed Samuel Barber's "Hermit Songs," a song cycle with texts written by Irish monks and scholars from the eighth to thirteenth centuries. These small poems, thoughts, and observations (some of them taken from the margins of manuscripts which were being copied or illuminated by the monks, and not meant to be seen by their superiors) speak in straightforward, droll, and surprisingly modern terms of the simple life led by these men, close to nature, animals, and God. Also featured on the recital were works by Mozart, Spanish songs by Obradors, and opera arias.
Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra
The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra uses our church as one of its concert venues. The Orchestra's concert schedule at St. Paul’s UCC for its 2012-13 concert season are shown below:
- 2012: November 17 [canceled due to SPCO lockout]
- 2013: February 2, March 9, April 6, May 4, May 11, and June 1.
For tickets, contact SPCO at 651-291-1144 or visit www.thespco.org.