News of Our Church
Worship with us online
Although we're not meeting in person as a community (to help prevent the spread of the new coronavirus), we still offer worship services via our YouTube channel. Look for us by searching YouTube for SPUCC.
We encourage you to stay informed about the pandemic and to reduce the risk of getting sick or infecting others. Don’t overwhelm yourself, but check the sites below when you’re looking for information.
See specific topics below, but you can navigate to all of them (and more) by starting here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
How to protect yourself:
People who are at risk for severe illness:
Steps to prevent getting sick
Cleaning and disinfection recommendations
Frequently asked questions
The following websites also offer a wealth of information regarding COVID-19.
Rev. Clare Gromoll chosen for Next Generation Leadership Initiative
Rev. Clare Gromoll (third from the right in the back row) has been admitted into a program at the national setting of the United Church of Christ called Next Generation Leadership Initiative (NGLI). It’s a six-year leadership development program for clergy who are relatively young, relatively new to the profession, and committed to local church ministry. Clare is one of 15 selected from 35 applicants for her NGLI cohort.
Make a pledge to the planet
Earth does not belong to us. We belong to the earth. ~ Chief Seattle
The Earthwise Team asks that you make a pledge for the planet. Below is a list of changes you can make to decrease your environmental footprint. Climate change is a big issue, and it seems impossible that small changes could make any difference. But we at St. Paul’s UCC know from experience that it really is accumulated small changes that make all the difference. Let’s make 2016 the year of accumulated small changes. Please, take the pledge to the planet.
I will help to conserve energy.
- I pledge to plan my errand runs to minimize use of gas.
- I pledge to put my TV and its peripherals (cable, DVD, Roku, Xbox) on a power strip so I can turn everything off when not in use.
- I pledge to walk, ride a bike, or use public transportation on some of my outings.
- I pledge to use cold water when I wash my clothes.
- I pledge to opt in to wind energy.
I pledge to conserve the earth’s resources.
- I pledge to turn off the water while I brush my teeth.
- I pledge to help with Fair Trade Coffee Hour cleanup twice this year, so we don't have to switch back to paper.
- I pledge to reduce the packaging I purchase, whether that means bringing a container to the store for bulk or buying a big container of something rather than single serve.
- I pledge to eat less meat.
I pledge to help the environment by reducing waste and eating local, organic food.
- I pledge NOT to use a single cup coffee maker unless the pods are reusable.
- I pledge to buy 20% of my food organic or from local sources.
- I pledge to put my food scraps and coffee grounds in the compost or the garden, not the trash.
- I pledge to plant a garden or to shop at a farmers market this summer.
- I pledge to remember every day that the earth, its resources, and all its beings are not mine to take for granted.
- I pledge to ______________________________________________________ to help reduce my impact on the environment.
Solar panels churning out electricity
Our solar panels are hard at work year-round, turning sunlight into electricity. Click here to see how they're doing!